In today’s video I will be showing you how to build your own DIY fitted wardrobe with basic tools – starting with planning, and constructing the plinth and carcasses.
There are too many elements to this build to fit it into a single video so I will be charting the wardrobe build by way of weekly videos until it’s complete.
You can buy me a coffee here or become a monthly member to unlock Discord forum membership, exclusive content and automatic entry into my FREE Monthly Giveaway. Thank you SO SO much!!
🛠Charlie DIYte Amazon Tool Store – all my tried, tested and much loved DIY tools are now in one place on-line.
0:48 Build Methodology
1:37 Today’s Toolkit
3:46 Scale Drawings
4:40 Project Planning
5:00 The Plinth
8:10 Carcass Construction
Today’s Toolkit (UK)*
– Clarke CIG81015 Instant Workshop
– Clarke Instant Workshop video
– Folding workbench video series – see links below
– Norbord 2440x1220mm – 18mm Pro MR MDF
– Norbord 2440x1220mm – 12mm Pro MR MDF
– 25X125mm planed redwood for fascia
– 25x100mm planed redwood for plinth
– 2440x1220mm birch ply 25mm thick
– Cabinet swipe on/off Infrared Sensor Switch (Amazon)
– Primo 2 5m LED flexible strip cool white (Amazon)
– Primo 2 5m LED flexible strip warm white (Amazon)
– Sensio LED strip to driver connection lead (Amazon)
– 2m driver extension cable (Amazon)
– 30 Low Profile Driver (Amazon)
– BOSCH GH026-82 ELECTRIC PLANER (Amazon)
– Evolution R185CCSX+ Circular Saw with ST1400 track (Amazon)
– Evolution ST1400 1.4m track (Amazon)
– Evolution ST2800 2.8m track (Amazon)
– Evolution R255SMS+ single bevel sliding mitre saw
– Milwaukee 12v combi drill driver (Amazon)
– Ryobi R18TR router
– Trend Professional 46/80 trim flute router bit (Amazon)
– Trend Professional 3/74 two flute straight router cutter (Amazon)
– Spax 4x50mm MDF screws (Amazon)
– Quicksilver Twin Thread Woodscrews
– Stanley FatMax 5m tape measure (Amazon)
– Face mask (Amazon)
– Glazing packers (Amazon)
– Stabila 1000mm spirit level (Amazon)
– Evo-stik wood adhesive 1 litre (Amazon)
– 365 Workwear from Ballyclare – Hard-Wearing Trousers **
– 365 Workwear from Ballyclare – Hard-Wearing Fleece Jacket **
** provided free of charge without sponsorship by Ballyclare. I’ve been literally living in the fleece for the last few months and the trousers are surprisingly comfortable in spite of being made from a hard wearing material.
FOLDING WORKBENCH SERIES:
Video 2: Castor wheel:
Video 3: Protective edging
Video 4: Now with hinges
Video 5: UJK Parf Guide System
* The Amazon links above are affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you anything to click on them but I do earn a small commission if you do.
And here’s the legal bit I have to state: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
SUBSCRIBE – you can subscribe to my Channel here:
— Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
#wardrobe #fitted #builtin